…or ten. (I’m looking at you Japan and Thailand…)
Now, once I grow to really love a place and have a “feel” for it, I naturally want to share it with others.
To make this happen, I host group trips to a few select destinations once or twice per year. Past itineraries have included a week-long private sailboat charter through the Greek isles, a week at Burning Man for a bunch of first-timers, culinary tours through Japan, private Serengeti photo safaris, and a week of co-working/living in a castle in Scotland (with regular whiskey distillery visits, of course).
The trips are anywhere from one- to two-weeks or so in length, and happen sporadically; depending on where I want to go next, what the season is, if there are any cool events happening, etc.
- Tanzanian Safari Adventure (November 4-11, 2017)
- South African Safari + Cape Town Adventure w/Chase Boehringer (January 28-February 7, 2018)
- Snow Japan (skiing/snowboarding + yoga in Hokkaido) w/Jules Barber (February 18-25, 2018)
- Eat Japan (March 9-21, 2018)
- European Cruise (June 2018)
- See Sri Lanka (Mid 2018)
- Hike Bhutan (Late 2018)
- Magical Socotra Island (Yemen, TBD)
- Beer-y Belgian Brewery Bicycle Tour (Belgium, TBD)
- Scottish Castle Adventure (Scotland, TBD)
The groups are made up of a small number of cool, open-minded, well-traveled guys and gals, and because of that fact, many new friendships made by the end of every journey.
Now, this is not much of a “money-making” venture per se–for me, it’s all about the experience of getting together a group of awesome people somewhere fun and seeing what happens. That being said, I do charge enough to take care of my trip expenses, as well as cover the time put into organizing everything.
I usually start prepping these jaunts six to twelve months in advance, and let my friends in on the details once everything comes together.
If you’d like to keep up-to-date of any upcoming adventures, be sure to enter your name and email below, and I will dutifully keep you apprised.
Hope you’re able to join me on a trip sometime~